Color me happy!

6:13 PM


Every wedding is my favorite because I love working with bride and grooms on their special day. This one was no different. Our friends Michael and Melissa got married last weekend at the Irish Coffee Pub in East Islip. (side note about the venue; it was awesome! So laid back and accommodating plus, being guests I can tell you the food was great.) She said to me that she wanted color and color she got! It was so vibrant and appropriate for the season, space and time (afternoon) of the affair. I wanted to wait until I got the professional pictures but I was just so excited I had to post what I took. As you are setting up you tend to forget to take pictures, hence none of the ceremony.
For the place card table I wrapped different cylinder vases in ribbon. One red and white floral and the other a thin sage green. I placed small bouquets of the flowers from the centerpieces in each - like a deconstructed bouquet. Pictured above are orange alstromeria, red mini gerbera daisies and shocking pink roses with wow roses mixed in.
Here are button mums, miracle roses and mini green hydrangea. I also dropped an LED light in the red ribboned vases for a little extra drama.
I got these wonderful peonies that were opened to their max. I didn't know if they would survive but they stayed refrigerated and lasted. I used a single bud for the cocktail hour to add a different element.

The bouquets were the green hydrangea with miracle, wow and shocking pink roses. I accented it with yellow yarrow to give the flowers some texture. The handles were wrapped in both the red floral and green ribbon. The bride's bouquet was similar but I added lush pink peonies to make it a bit softer.
The centerpieces were in these gorgeous mini urns that went perfectly with the old mansion vibe of the venue. They were low which went well since the ceiling was not too high and the vibrant colors filled the room.
The cake was awesome both in appearance and taste ( I only had 2 slices). The ribbon was placed on their by the baker Rolling Pin Bakery . I added the flowers where the ribbon came together. The light bouquets were for the moms. I used ivory roses, hydrangea and button mums. Hopefully I can post the boutonnieres and ceremony when I get
the professional pictures.

What I love best about this wedding is the use of 4 different colors. I always see 2 color combos and this goes to show you that adding a few more will only add to its depth and vibrancy.

Stay tuned for more event recaps from this weekend - both professionally and personally.

You Might Also Like

0 comments